& DEAL LIST
Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
Case Study A: King Abdulaziz Project for Public Transport
in Riyadh City, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
I was asked to provide second opinion legal advice to the King Abdulaziz Project for Public Transport in Riyadh city (the “Project”), on concession contract drafting.
I provided a line by line detailed legal analysis and drafting advise, that considered legal, commercial, and financial issues.
Having been a public procurement lawyer in London and having dealt with transport, school, hospital and defense, the challenge was to come up with a draft agreement that was significantly shorter that what we are used to in the international PPP / PFI market. The delivered product was described as “ideal”.
Case Study A: Dammam and Jeddah Independent Sewage Treatment Plant, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Having worked on numerous IPP, IWPP’s it was a pleasure to work on the ‘first of its kind’, independent sewage treatment plant (ISTP), Build Own Operate Transfer (BOOT) concession model with a tenor of 25 years, in Dammam West.
Negotiated all the project agreements including the STA, EPC, O&M, and financial term sheet.
The consortium was not successful for the Dammam West based on pricing; however, we took the lessons from this and ultimately the consortium was successful on the Jeddah Airport 2, ISTP.
Deal List: Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
- Advised the Royal Commission for Riyadh on the technical drafting of the contracts related to the $22.5 billion King Abdulaziz Project for Riyadh Public Transport (KAPRPT).
- Advised Veolia on its management contract with the National Water Company of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including drafting complicated amendments to rationalise the contract to manage the changes that developed after the project implementation.
- Led the Sudair and Al Kharj Industrial Cities (BOT) biding process for the Veolia let consortium
- Advised waste water company on its management contract with the National Water Company of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including drafting complicated amendments to rationalise the contract to manage the changes that developed after the project implementation.
- Advised and structured and drafted BOT / BOO based project in connection to a de-militarization facility in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Advised on and worked on the MWDA (http://www.merseysidewda.gov.uk) – one of the UK’s largest ever PFI projects in the waste sector as lead project assistant. Developed documents that are now being used firm wide as initial drafts for future projects
- Advised on the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) PFI with Land Securities Trillium (LST)
- Advised on the STEPS (The Strategic Transfer of Estate to the Private Sector – a PFI initiative with HMRC)
- Advised on the London Underground PPP
- Advised on the Sheffield City Council PFI
- Advised on the Walsgrave PFI Hospital, Coventry